<ImaNoob> hey how are you
    <@Zeruel> I'm good thanks
    <@Zeruel> how are you?
    <ImaNoob> nice to hear that same fine bud very hot here
    <ImaNoob> the weather went evry year more and more crasy hehe
    <@Zeruel> ah
    <ImaNoob> we have here like 36 celsius hot
    <@Zeruel> ah
    <ImaNoob> so you told last day you finishes the hair stuff great to hear that
    <@Zeruel> yeah
    <@Zeruel> I am finishing some more with character customization now
    <@Zeruel> so that the player can see how his character will look while he is creating him
    <ImaNoob> thats cool stuff
    <@Zeruel> I am not the only programmer though
    <@Zeruel> so we have many things going on together
    <@Zeruel> new UI and terrain work as well
    <ImaNoob> i know i see in the forum you have someone from france right
    <@Zeruel> yes that's right
    <@Zeruel> and another programmer from the United States
    <ImaNoob> wow
    <ImaNoob> ohh i think the game make then great process forward
    <ImaNoob> how about the 3d stuff also goes good forward?
    <@Zeruel> yes
    <@Zeruel> the art team has been making a lot of new stuff
    <ImaNoob> sound is great i thin we all will be amazed about the update wehn it comes
    <ImaNoob> will it the be possibel to drop or station some think what i have createt or still can not drop the stuff for use it for crafting?
    <@Zeruel> ah, right now I have not implemented it but it will be possible
    <ImaNoob> nice any idea how long to next patch
    <ImaNoob> buy the way it is okay when i post our talk in the forum peopel will like it i think when see some news
    <@Zeruel> yeah I understand
    <@Zeruel> it is hard to make a lot of news updates right now
    <@Zeruel> a lot of work doesn't have visible results
    <@Zeruel> it is all code and data
    <ImaNoob> hmm okay
    <ImaNoob> year thepeopel want see all in time new stuff thats right

Even if there is no visible results, I still want to see updates. Would like to know what they are working on this week, how they are progressing, what they are tinkering with...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki View Post
    Even if there is no visible results, I still want to see updates. Would like to know what they are working on this week, how they are progressing, what they are tinkering with...
    Hi Hiroaki,

Currently I am working on updating the main menu, and character creation. Soon thereafter I will work on the new in-game UI.

I wrapped up the main menu functionality last week and started doing character customization this week. Zeruel just wrapped up the character customization backend required by this UI, so once this whole thing is finished you'll be able to specify various styles to apply to your character and see them in game.

Something exciting about the new main menu is that it is written using HTML/CSS/JS which will allow for trivial skinning of the main menu/character customization and the in game UI as well by game modders.

Dyox is making some good progress on the game engine, you can see his screenshots here: http://www.realmexplorer.com/content...r-Team-Growing!

Recently I also added a button to the Realm configuration tabs in the server which will open a new Windows Explorer window to where the currently selected realm is located for easy file system access to the realm

I also updated the logo for the game and realmsource (yet undisclosed) in the introduction videos for the game.

I also added a /position command which tells you your xyz coordinates in the game world.

I am also as always administrating the website, facebook, twitter, our support e-mail inbox, and other features/bug-fixes in out backend services. Approving posts, replying to comments, or assisting users in any difficulties they are having.

I am hoping I can finish up character customization this week and move onto the in-game UI to update the inventory window as well as the crafting window and chat. Please bear in mind I am a programmer and not a designer though -- it will be functional by not necessarily pretty.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 07-25-2013 at 01:48 AM.
    Realm Explorer development team

Seems I bought into the alpha just as you start posting lots

year i dont need visual just some infos bud the screenshoots looking insane good i cant wait amazing stuff will come good w

Experienced Explorer Array Slaine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Recently I also added a button to the Realm configuration tabs in the server which will open a new Windows Explorer window to where the currently selected realm is located for easy file system access to the realm
    I also added a /position command which tells you your xyz coordinates in the game world.
    Two handy features nice!
    realmwiki.com contributor
    "Killing wasn't a motive, it was a by-product of his obsession"

Experienced Explorer Array
    I love the idea of the open UI for modders, thats is very fresh and new, good work!

Experienced Explorer Array
    Dyox made a great work, that biome pictures are just amazing, that biomes are full of life, they look so real, this game is making giant leaps,a bright future is ahead, keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel View Post
    Can we have an update on the game itself as a patch for these "small" changes as well?
    Even the smallest update is an update and it kindles our heart to know that the development is progressing.
    I think people call it "tact."

Quote Originally Posted by Hiroaki View Post
    Can we have an update on the game itself as a patch for these "small" changes as well?
    Even the smallest update is an update and it kindles our heart to know that the development is progressing.
    I think people call it "tact."
    We've hit some speed bumps since the last patch in terms of scheduling. However, the primary reason we cannot release a patch (and I'm about to do a car analogy) is because Dyox has the engine out of the car in a thousand pieces over there and Zeruel has the wheels off... So just because I added a button in next to the wheel doesn't mean the rest of the car is ready to go. Even if we tried, things may be half done or completely untested.

We're making a not half bad looking 3d open world sandbox game in our spare time. While we are professional developers for our day jobs... we still have day jobs. Previously Zeruel was devoting all of his spare time to getting the terrain engine working. With the addition of Dyox to the team and taking over that responsibility, things will start moving much more quickly because it frees Zeruel to do other things, like character customization (already mostly complete now), combat, NPCs, etc...
    Realm Explorer development team